It is back to normal again, I hope. Do report it to us if you're still encountering the 'HTTP 500 error' problem.
And we would like to apologize the short downtime!
We are planning to give a fresh look for our Hidden Street MapleStory sites.
For more info, visit this thread in our forum:
We are pleased to announce that Evan skills have been added into our database, together with the Evan related maps and monsters. The remaining Evan quests will be added as soon as possible.
If you have any information regarding monster drops (from the Monster Book or from hunting) that is not yet in the site, please help out by listing the drops in the comments or a new thread in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the forum. Complete monsters drops as listed in the Monster Book and Evan mastery/skill book drop locations would be particularly useful.
We've made a few new improved changes to the database that would hopefully make things easier for our visitors.
1. All individual maps will now display a link directly to the parent map concerned. That way, it is now easier for you guys to navigate a certain area as you will be able to see the "big picture" of the area better.
Case in point: search for any individual map's name, or click here for an example.
2. Sub-quests (that belong to a parent quest) can now be searched via our search function. Similar to the above, there will be a link to the parent quest concerned.
We appreciate any comments or criticisms that you may have regarding this. :)
Our server has been encountering various difficulties in the past few months, and ultimately, after facing problems to resolve them, we have decided to upgrade the server to cope with the incredibly high load.
With this upgrade, you may encounter some page loading problems as we work to fine-tune the server accordingly over the next few days. Additionally, our domain may still be pointing towards the old server, and this is completely out of our control. We ask for your patience and understanding in the coming days, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kerning Square's monsters and maps are now in our database. If you're able to access the VIP Area maps, do let us know where the portals should go for these 3 maps - it would be great if you could add a mark on the mini-map images.
The rest of the updates would follow soon.
Kindly post a comment here in this news item with the following information so we could help determine what exactly is causing this problem:
1) The browser(s) that you have used when viewing our site (include the version number).
2) The antivirus and/or antispyware you are currently using.
3) Your current Internet Service Provider (ISP), ie: Singtel, Starhub, etc.
For now, there seems to be one common characteristic of our affected users: that they are all from Singapore. However, there are also many other Singaporean players who are able to the view the images in our website, so this problem is incredibly baffling.
Edit: With ALL users who have the image-viewing problem using Starhub, that almost certainly points the problem towards the ISP. You're encouraged to contact Starhub and report the problem to them as to the best of our knowledge, we're not blocking Starhub's IP addresses.
It has come to our attention that there are two separate issues currently affecting some of our visitors.
1) Some of our visitors, most of them from our HS.SEA section, appear to have problems viewing images in our website. We suggest that you try clearing your cache and cookies, and try visiting the site again. Should this problem still persist, shoot us an e-mail at hiddenstreet [at] gmail [dot] com.
2) We have also been told that virus appears to be detected in our Google Adsense ads (to Kaspersky users especially), but a quick investigation reveals that this is a false positive, which is a problem with Kaspersky alone. Please refer to this link for further info.
If you have any problems when visiting our site, don't hesitate to e-mail us or post a topic about it here.
In a great concerted effort to improve Hidden Street, after giving our forum a new makeover and upgrade, we have decided to integrate the old Guides section into its very own Guides board.
You can read more about its changes here. But part of the main motivation to initiate this change is the restrictive "79 characters per line" rule, and the fact that images cannot be used.
We welcome any comments, constructive criticisms, or suggestions with regards to this change.